Learn how to strategize and develop coping techniques to help you effectively navigate through the stresses of caring for someone with Alzheimer’s Dementia. Resilience is the ability to adapt to adversity and look for solutions to improve outcomes. This course is designed to help individuals with methods of being able to interact with their environments, and any issues caused by health and dementia related behaviors which can produce hardship, and in turn create the processes that either promote well-being or protect them against the overwhelming influence of risk factors which could negatively affect their own health as well.
This 8 hour class offers practical advice and encouragement to manage living with Alzheimer’s in your environment. By the end of the instructional hands-on program, you will discover that your actions can, and will, affect your ability to cope, make good choices, and create positive outcomes for you and the one you love. You will also experience what it might really feel like to have Alzheimer’s during an empathy exercise during this class. In this course, we cover many topics of for family members who care for people with Alzheimer’s disease:
Dementia Related Behaviors
- Anxiety and Anger
- Frustration and Emotional Outbursts
- Repetitive Questions
- Sundowning (refers to a state of confusion and anxiety at the end of the day and into the night.)
Activities of Daily Living
Caregiver Health and Well Being
- What is resilience and how does it apply to being a caregiver?
- How do I take care of myself as a caregiver?
- How do I talk to people about my loved ones’ Dementia?
- How can I find and build support through my family and friends structure?
- Learn positive personal approaches to more rewarding care and new strategies for living with Alzheimer’s.
- Talk about your feeling openly with no judgment in a safe setting.
- Learn how it controls all of our executive functions; memory, judgment, reasoning, language, abstraction, attention, sequencing, perception, and vision are all affected as cognitive abilities become diminished with Alzheimer’s disease.
Our classes offer practical advice and encouragement to manage living with dementia in your environment. By the end of the instructional hands-on program, you will discover that your actions can, and will, affect your ability to cope, make good choices, and create positive outcomes for you and the one you love. In this course, we cover many topics of for family members who care for people with all dementia and dementia related diseases, including Alzheimer’s, Lewy Body, and Frontal Temporal.
Cost: $200.00 for (parts one & two) Classes cannot be taken separately.
Discounts available – Seniors (over 65) upon request
Two or more family rate discounts available upon request
Sign-up for next 8 hour Resilience Training for Dementia Family Caregiver’s: