November 8, 2022

Visiting your long-time family doctor or general practitioner when someone you care for is struggling with impaired cognition or memory issues seems to be the first stop for many of you. Not a bad idea because they know you best, however, they may not be the most qualified to give you the answers you are seeking. Don’t be afraid to ask them to refer you to a specialist who can do more testing and provide an assessment which may be more accurate. Your general physician can still help you with day-to-day issues not related to the brain symptoms so don’t be worried that you will hurt their feelings! This show will guide you to the information you need to have this conversation.